News, Stocks & Weather
- 2 FBI agents who died remembered for valor
- Lawyer: Feds investigating Susan Powell case
- Mysterious illness kills 2 in southeast Alabama
- APNewsBreak: Coast Guard deserter to be confined
- Man charged in death of missing Maine teenager
- AP PHOTOS: Devastation, reunion in tornado wake
- Safety Board: ATF blocking plant blast probe
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Malcolm X's grandson buried in NY
- AS APNewsAlert
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated May 21, 10:55 PM
MOORE, Okla. - Helmeted rescue workers raced Tuesday to complete the search for survivors and the dead in the Oklahoma City suburb where a mammoth tornado destroyed countless homes, cleared lots down to bare red earth and claimed 24 lives, including those of nine children.
Residents of Moore began returning to their homes a day after the tornado smashed some neighborhoods into jagged wood scraps and gnarled pieces of metal.
In place of their houses, many families found only empty lots.
Sports Story of the Day
Updated May 21, 06:08 PM
BOSTON - The NFL will celebrate its 50th Super Bowl in northern California, where its newest, most high-tech venue is being built.
In two separate votes, NFL owners Tuesday went with the both San Francisco Bay Area and Houston on the first ballot at their spring meetings.
The 49ers' new home is set to open next year in Santa Clara, and will host the first Super Bowl in the area since 1985.
Wind: 3 MPH E