News, Stocks & Weather
- Gophers basketball: U plays down to the competition in win over overmatched New Orleans
- Eagles players bring skills from other sports onto football field
- Coyotes fight the Brave fight and lose, 78-62; Ottawa's size an issue for KWU
- The Gazette (Colorado Springs, Colo.) Paul Klee column
- Archibald comes up big against Colorado College
- Hlawek is St. T's electric Bulldog
- Soccer All-Area first team
- ODU's Bacote improving, working as Monarchs prepare for VCU
- Fishburne takes control in second half, beats Kiski
- Darlington able to withstand pressure in win over Wilson
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated Dec 08, 04:02 AM
WASHINGTON - A powerful storm system that spread hazardous snow, sleet and freezing rain widely across the nation's midsection rumbled toward the densely populated Eastern seaboard on Sunday, promising more of the same.
And officials warned a major ice storm was possible in Virginia's Appalachian region along the busy Interstate 81 corridor .
In Virginia, state Emergency Management spokeswoman Laura Southard said the storm had the potential to be a "historic ice event."
Sports Story of the Day
Updated Dec 08, 01:50 AM
INDIANAPOLIS - Connor Cook was determined to shake things up in the Big Ten title game.
10 Michigan State rallied from a seven-point third-quarter deficit by scoring the final 17 points Saturday night to upset No.
2 Ohio State 34-24 and deny the Buckeyes a chance to play for the BCS national championship.
Wind: 12 MPH SSW