News, Stocks & Weather
- Internet Sales Tax Proposals Back on the Table [Information Today]
- Thomson Reuters: Insights Into the BRICK Nations [Information Today]
- BridgeSpan Capital and Crestmark Announce BridgeSpan Funding [Michigan Banker]
- IRS probe ignored most influential groups
- Predicament of economy [Nation (Pakistan)]
- SECP registers 327 new limited liability firms [Nation (Pakistan)]
- Firstbank Corporation Announces Cash Dividend on Common Stock [Michigan Banker]
- GOP hopes IRS scandal will snag health care law
- Panel keeps ambitious Maine tax proposal alive ; The Taxation Committee gives the bill a reprieve by ordering a full cost analysis of the bipartisan measure.
- Investment clubs struggle to be relevant after two stock market plunges in a decade
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated May 18, 05:34 PM
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. - A pair of persistent wildfires continued to burn in the hills and mountains around Interstate 5 north of Los Angeles on Saturday, although authorities were slowly getting the upper hand.
A new fire that broke out Friday, the third major blaze in the area in a week, quickly surged to 712 acres Friday and briefly threatened an elementary school and about 20 homes.
Some 350 firefighters, who battled both flames and unpredictable winds, were able to hold the line against it Saturday morning, however.
Sports Story of the Day
Updated May 18, 08:47 PM
BALTIMORE - A pair of not so over-the-hill Hall of Famers pulled off a huge upset in the Preakness and ended any hopes of a Triple Crown attempt at the Belmont Stakes.
Thanks to Oxbow's wire-to-wire win Saturday over Kentucky Derby winner Orb, trainer D. Wayne Lukas and jockey Gary Stevens have themselves another classic to add to their stellar resumes.
"I get paid to spoil dreams," the 77-year-old Lukas said after his record 14th win in a Triple Crown race.
Wind: 23 MPH SSE