News, Stocks & Weather
- Quotations of the day
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Journalist and author Haynes Johnson dies at 81
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Jury foreman says life or death decision unfair
- BRIEF: NBA Playoffs
- Jury convicts former South Texas DA of corruption
- Hagel to address West Pointers amid sex scandals
- Marshals arrest brothers on the run for 5 years
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated May 24, 10:58 PM
PHILADELPHIA - After their 2-year-old son died of untreated pneumonia in 2009, faith-healing advocates Herbert and Catherine Schaible promised a judge they would not let another sick child go without medical care.
"We believe in divine healing, that Jesus shed blood for our healing and that he died on the cross to break the devil's power," Herbert Schaible, 44, told Philadelphia homicide detectives after their ninth child, Brandon, died in April.
The Schaibles were ordered held without bail Friday, two days after their arrest, although defense lawyers argued that they are neither a flight risk nor a danger to the community.
Sports Story of the Day
Updated May 24, 11:30 PM
DETROIT - Add another near miss in this 2013 baseball season - this time it was Detroit's Anibal Sanchez falling just short of a no-hitter.
Sanchez's bid was broken up with one out in the ninth inning Friday night when Minnesota's Joe Mauer hit a clean single up the middle.
It was the fourth one-hitter of Sanchez's career, to go along a no-hitter he threw as a rookie back in 2006.
Wind: 12 MPH SE